We know preparing for 2021 open enrollment season while meeting all the necessary language access requirements can feel like a moving target. As health insurers are facing increasing compliance standards while under tight CMS deadlines, here are some things to keep in mind.
Partnering with a Language Service Provider
To ensure your organization meets all the regulatory standards for translating materials like ANOCs, EOCs, and other enrollment documents, we recommend partnering with a language service provider that can deliver the following:
- Technologies and automated workflows that can increase speed-to-market by up to 50%
- Quality standards that meet CMS 5-star Ratings
- Accurate translation guaranteed across 150+ languages
The right language solution partner understands the importance of efficiency and accuracy for open enrollment.
Here’s how one health insurer leveraged innovative language services to comply with new regulations and translate 30,000+ materials before the deadline. To read the case study, click here.
3 Pillars of Open Enrollment Translation Success
To maintain compliance with all the necessary language access requirements, there are three key areas that can help your organization stay ahead of the curve.
The three pillars ULG delivers for successful compliance during open enrollment include:
- Faster turnaround times and streamlined project cycles
- 24/7 project status tracking, so there are no missed deadlines
- Flexible integration possibilities –technology that performs in any environment and device
We provide easy-to-use online translation services through OctaveTMS which will allow you to track the progress of your project at any point in time. Plus, our technology can easily align to your platform, ensuring a seamless workflow for managing your enrollment content and versioning from start to finish.
Tips for Getting Ahead of the Curve
Get started on meeting the language access requirements for open enrollment by following these best practices:
- Send us your draft documents now and we can get started on the translation right away. We know CMS may take some time to approve your drafts, but there is no need to lose weeks or even months with translations. As long as the changes are minor when you get final approval from the regulatory bodies, we can quickly update the translated versions and format them for you.
- Leverage your ULG account team to plan for time/cost efficiencies. ULG’s healthcare team works with you all steps of the way to plan for enrollment and compliance success. By collaborating early on, we determine how to best manage versioning of your documents, accessibility requirements, leverage translation tools, and more.
- Develop style guides and glossaries. If you don’t have a style guide or glossary yet, now is a good time to create one with your language service provider. This will streamline and standardize your organization’s preferences throughout all documents, and will save you lots of time on the translation and review process.
- Use Translation Memory. By recycling previously translated terms commonly used in these standard documents you can reduce turn-around time and improve consistency. For example, by implementing TM we were able to help one publicly traded health plan reduce the translation time of a 300,000 word EOC from 21 days to 10.
Ready to get started on your open enrollment translation? Contact us today!