United Language Group reviewed several interpretation solutions with the Children’s Hospital to determine the best option for this scenario, including:
- Over the Phone Interpretation (OPI) - best suited for situations like scheduling appointments over the phone.
- On-Site Interpretation (OSI) - best suited for in-person appointments or a medical emergency
- Video Remote Interpretation (VRI) - ideal for virtual 1:1 appointments that may need a visual aspect included in the interpretation process
- Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) - serves the need for seamless communication in a dynamic setting
In this scenario, United Language Group recommended Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) as the solution because each party involved would be able to speak and hear in their native language without having the interruption of the other party’s language. Without the constant disruptions, the consult was able to take the same amount of time as if both parties spoke the same language.
Given the numerous benefits of this solution, the Children’s Hospital entrusted United Language Group to implement RSI to help bridge the language gap and ensure effective communication. ULG personally trained the participants involved on the practices and nuances of RSI to familiarize themselves with the platform. With the real-time interpretation of RSI, the consult ran without interruption, saving time and cultivating a constant stream of communication.
- Integration of Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI) as a VRI and/or OPI alternative
- Dedicated and specialized interpreters
- Offered in all languages
- On-site and remote platforms
- Real-time interpretation