ULG developed an end-to-end program including language translation, project management, tracking, reporting and a web-based technology platform for the company’s staff to submit and monitor projects. These services included:
A Dedicated Translation Team
ULG assigned a dedicated team to manage the work, including:
- A team of three project managers assigned specifically to the company including a vendor management team to source and manage a global team of in-country linguists, to localize documentation in over 60 languages.
- Dedicated teams for account management, desktop publishing, quality control and finance to help the company monitor and control costs.
A Localization Process Tailored to CRO Operations
ULG worked closely with the clinical studies team to define:
- A study title translation and approval processes, efficient project workflow for high-quality results and on-time delivery
- Language requirements, word counts and submission times for key documents
- A feedback and reconciliation review process
Technology Tools to Streamline Workload
ULG provided the client with intuitive software tools including:
- A web-based portal for project submissions and real-time tracking. Projects are now submitted faster, in a standardized format to reduce the risk of errors and time spent on project tracking and monitoring.
- Centralized Translation Memory (TM) technology to reuse previously translated content. This has enabled the company to reduce translation costs by 12 percent, expedite the process and build a growing TM database for future savings.
Business Analytics Tools
ULG created “Study Tracker,” a weekly report to help the company:
- Fully understand the status of each team’s individual projects for all countries
- Monitor all purchase orders for better control of the localization budget
- ULG also provided metrics to track detailed financials such as:
- Expenditures by the type of service provided
- TM savings by month, document type, language, etc.
- Savings against previously contracted project pricing, etc.