CRITICAL LANGUAGE SERVICES FOR REMOTE ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER (ELL) PROGRAMS
As effective measures to counter the spread of COVID-19 create challenges for all communities, non-English speaking communities are often deprioritized, expanding the impact window of the crisis and increasing the overall cost of support.
To help schools provide greater support for their English Language Learner (ELL) communities, United Language Group offers a wide array of translation, interpretation, and other language services to help bridge communication gaps. We specialize in working with educational communities like yours to create and deploy a Remote ELL Student Support Programs, and are now offering a tailored program for COVID-19.
- Templated and pre-translated COVID-19 updates based on CDC content in targeted low-support languages. We will work with you to create a customized and translated message that ties in CDC content with your specific support strategy.
- Rapid, 24 hour turn-around of notices and student communications as events and support for COVID-19 develop.
- Student outreach and dialogue through our interpreter network to either provide or gather key information you require to keep in touch with your students. ULG can work with you to identify useful content pieces that fit with your support strategy, or we can provide standard content and capture questions that can be converted and tallied in English for your review so you know what the key concerns of your student body are.
- ULG can provide a support line where students can dial in and register questions they have about policy or support which can be translated and tallied back to you for input into your support strategy.
- Utilize language services to facilitate group or individual remote learning programs.
- Help simplify the training of using remote learning technologies for ELL persons.
- Remote interpretation services for parent/student conferences.
To help manage the cost of additional support, we have tried to mitigate costs to make these support options viable additions to your overall support strategy. In doing so, ULG has:
- Removed all rush fees
- Created a centralized COVID – 19 language asset that provides all previously translated content available for free.
- Implemented a pricing policy to ensure we work with whatever available budget you may have to ensure effective community support.
Having worked daily with communities like yours, we understand the immense challenges you are facing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and we are here to support you in any way possible. To schedule a call with a United Language Group consultant, please fill out the form below. A representative will be in contact shortly thereafter!