Amplification of ideas in French, Russian, Basque
By United Language Group
Social media round up for the week of 11-28-2016.
- Slate had an interesting article on the accuracy of the linguistics in “Arrival”, here.
- And on Grammarly, we read about trends and the history of internet slang.
- We saw a handy reference – a list of journals on legal translation here on the Wordstodeeds blog.
- Basque language organizations urge official status for own language in France's Basque Country on Nationalia.
- Buzzfeed clickbait but still fun: “29 Things You Will Only Understand If You Studied Russian”.
- The TED blog had a great piece on the how translation amplifies ideas, we really liked it!
- Slator News had this: “Neural Conquers Patent Translation in Major WIPO Roll-out”.
- This was awesome! The 10 most badass Latin phrases and what they mean, from the Daily Dot.
- ‘We’re hungry for more’: Have you heard about the Kalima project? Its celebrating the Arabic translation of its 900th book. Wow!
- Have you heard about this megaphone that translates in real time while you speak? We love it!
- We read on the New York Times about Italy’s last, and struggling bastion of the Catalan language, over here. Very interesting.
ULG's insights delivered straight to your inbox.
Thoughtful editorials from industry experts delivered weekly in bite-sized pieces.
Google+ Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Instagram